Autumn Love

Image Map

3 February 2017

Five for Friday - Back to School



A peak at my week with Doodle Bugs Teaching. 



Welcome to Foundation T 2017! 

Wow, what a start to the year! The arrival of a  new school year is always a mixture of emotions; excitement, nervousness and a little sadness because the start of the new school year means no more holidays!! 

I had four days with my new Foundation (Kindergarten) class this week and I have loved every minute of getting to know my new class of kids, each of whom will now forever be refereed to as one 'my kids'!





Priorities 

This year my focus word is PRIORITIES! My aim is to prioritise my life so that I don't get bogged down and end up in the fetal position in my pantry with some type of flu or infection, crying my eyes out and yelling about how I never have any time to see my friends or family because I am always doing school work!!! 

I am going to priorities my commitments and say the dreaded 'n' word when I feel like I am taking on too much! To make this happen I am keeping two diaries this year - one for life and one for lesson planning. 
They are both of course from Erin Condren! 



I am very optimistic and excited to see how this pans out! 

Blogging, blogging, blogging! TPT, TPT, TPT!!

As part of my priorities focus this year I am going to be *trying* to blog and upload TPT products more! Starting from today! 

To stay organised I have purchased and downloaded some planning documents from Stephanie at Teaching Little Leaders!Thank you to Stephanie for breaking down each part of the TPT and blogging business and plans! I have only just started my journey on TPT and my blog, and these  documents will be able help me continue to grow.


This weekend I will be starting to fill out the pages!! 


Thermomix Bliss 

We have just purchased a Thermomix and we are both absolutely LOVING it!! 
Smoothies, perri perri chicken and bliss balls are some of my favourites so far! See below for recipes. 

Green Smoothie
Add 2 x handfuls of spinach, 1 cup of frozen mango, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 cup of almond milk to the bowl. 
Blend -  speed 9 / 30 seconds

We cooked the chicken on the Webber and had a simple salad with yoghurt dressing from The Melbourne Thermo. 

These are the yummiest bliss balls I have every had!! 
I chopped the cashews and peanuts in the thermomix speed 9 / 15 seconds. I then added all the ingredients and put it on stir for speed 3 / 30 seconds.

    

Inspiration 

Finally I would like to share the books that are currently sitting on my bedside table: 
1. 101 Moments of Joy and Inspiration by Meredith Gaston 
2. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (I borrowed this from the school library, it's my comfort read!) 
3. The Lake House by Kate Morton

Thank you to Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for hosting a fabulous Linky Party! 


Much Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment